Monroe Liberty LLC. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Worst Bathroom Trip EVER!

The day started like any other. Aislie woke up happy, she danced while I drew a bath; ate breakfast, and then we played.  I thought about getting out of the house and running errands, but first I needed to use the bathroom.

I held her hands as we walked towards the bathroom, then had her sit down and play while I did my business. She wasn't content so I grabbed a coat-hanger and dub her queen of hanging clothes. I put the hanger down as I grabbed the toilet paper. That's when it happened.

At my feet, my little girl hooked her face with the hanger I had given her. At first I thought she had gotten her mouth so I scooped her up and went to give her some Arnica and nurse (that fixes almost anything). When I gave her the Arnica that's when I noticed the blood; it was not coming from her mouth, but her eye! Oh Merciful God, please help us! She was still crying and her eyes weren't open, I called Todd (my husband and her Daddy). He told me to call 911. I hung up, knowing he was on his way, and called 911. Daddy got home before the ambulance. At this point she had stopped crying and the bleeding had stopped. Her eye was open and looked fine. Thank God, she probably just caught her eyelid!

The EMTs checked her out, and we made an appointment with the pediatrician. Went to the pediatrician's and by now she has almost no signs except some dried blood around her eye, which she would not let me clean.  Her eye is FINE!  Praise God, things could have been so much worse....

She falls asleep on the ride home we nurse some and I make sure she is sleeping good. I hug my husband before he goes back to work and then I sit in the quiet house. I am so thankful that it is not as bad as it could have been.

What could have happened makes me feel sick.  She was at my feet, not in another room but right in front of me.  I gave her that darn coat-hanger to play with.  Ah!  I feel so helpless and out of control.  My mind races, with what if and thank God. Guilt, that's not strong enough a word to describe how I feel. Am I the worst parent ever?  How could God let me steward of this precious little life even when I might fail? Was this just a reminder that I am not the one in control?  Things will happen and even when things look the bleakest, God will be there with me, guiding me on His path.

This bathroom trip has helped put things into perspective.  Be grateful for every day, even the "bad" ones (which aren't really so bad).  Things can change in a moment.  Something as mundane as a coat hanger could change your life, so be grateful for every healthy day you get!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

I review for BookSneeze®